Sharon Klein, President, Family Wealth, Eastern US Region, Wilmington Trust, NA, has made available for download her article, which was recently published in the New York Law Journal’s Special Trusts & Estates Section: N.Y.’s Top 10 Developments, Lessons and Reminders.
This article includes Ms. Klein’s pick of the top ten 2019 developments affecting those in New York and nonresidents who own property in New York, and many developments also frame issues and lessons that are equally applicable across the country.
- Latest caselaw regarding access to digital assets after death
- New real estate transfer tax disclosure requirements
- Breaking developments in SALT cap battle
- Vacation home causes non-resident to be taxed as New York statutory resident
- Significant estate and gift tax changes.
Posted by Lewis J. Saret, Co-General Editor, Wealth Strategies Journal..