According to The NY Times and other news sources, the Treasury Department is considering delaying tax payments beyond the April 15 deadline, according to a person familiar with the plans, as taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service brace for economic disruption from the spread of the coronavirus.
See at following links:
- New York Times: Treasury Considers Delaying April 15 Tax Day Over Coronavirus.
- New York Post: IRS May Delay Tax Deadline Because of Coronavirus.
- Chicago Tribute: US Treasury considers delaying April 15 Tax Day over Coronavirus.
- Wall Street Journal: US Treasury Likely to Push back April 15 Tax Filing Deadline.
- Bloomberg: U.S. Treasury Considers Extending April 15 Tax Deadline.
Posted by Lewis J. Saret, Co-General Editor, Wealth Strategies Journal.